Thursday 23 December 2010

Xmas and Pricing

For the life of me I don't understand why the common man tries to literally kill us during the Christmas season. The price tag on the most basic, yet the most essential items to make the season jolly, have gone through the roof. Granted, I understand the devastation caused by the passage of Hurricane Tomas but really....really?

Come on. I know... I get it...quick and fast money...at any cost to the consumer. To hell with us..nothing seems negotiable.. 

I had recently began my seasonal shopping, almost to the end, thankfully...oh the stress of giving,  when I again came upon the "ridiculousness of pricing". Yes I am complaining .. and don't tell me I shouldn't..... not because I am cheap and very proud of it. I am complaining because I don't think the quantity of the goods is measures up to the pricing. Face it in this tough economical time, we all need to get our "Scrooginess" on. it

Yes about our topic...So I went to purchase some eggs and peas. Eggs and peas are essential or else their will be no cakes ... no punch-a-creme, no macaroni pies, no salads and the list can go on and on. Lo and behold, the gentleman told me $25.00 for a crate of eggs. I was not a happy camper, considering that I don't normally shop for eggs. I called him on his expensiveness for which he had some colourful words in response. 


The Peas lady, $15.00 pd, moving on. Though I might get it cheaper, not to be the case at all, moved up to $20.00.. Pardon my french but .....what the hell people !!!! ..from $7.00.... 

Did the Vincentian society become an island filled with millionaires over night... Did Santa come early giving away money... Do spell the beans so I can get some dough too. Don't be darn greedy...

And yes, I haven't bought the peas or the eggs.. Thinking of it, I am not going to buy them. It will hurt my heart to pay so much.... Someone else will have to do the purchasing on my behalf.. I know... I know.... call me on my hypocrisy, I deserve it. I call for the promotion of local agribusiness but cry when needing to pay "the piper? 

Yes .. yes guilty as charged but won't you feel slightly cheated too... Or maybe I am just to much of a miser... or just a bit to "thrifty".. 

At least I have to find some rational for my behaviour.. But really, am I the only one complaining? I suppose so..............Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............

How am I ever going to remain quiet when I see the price if my favourite fruits and vegetables?

Shop cautiously and spend wisely

Sustang D. Fergus


No comments:

Post a Comment